Sunday, March 16, 2014

PWI twofer: Sinful Colors Aqua and Shattered Rocket Fuel

Occasionally  I look at the little bin of things that are post-Project Wear-It, then at the burgeoning bin of things that are still waiting, and I make a little sad noise.  Then I remember that it's just nail polish for crying out loud, if it makes me sad it's a stupid hobby.

Then I make a little sad noise.

I made lunch (and dinner) from scratch today!  Chicken stew.  But I was playing around, as I do when I have no-one else present to poison, and it's... well.  I should have made more instacurry.  I would describe it as barely edible.  So I am sad about that (and a little hungry)... which means I should show you nail polish!  Yes.  Yes it does.

Sinful Colors Aqua:

Pretty color!  It's not quite this... electric in person.  However, since
it was a horrid gray rainy day even by Seattle standards, I'll take my
bright colors where I find them.  Even in misleading photographs.
This is so similar in the bottle to SC Gorgeous, when I find it I'll show you.  This is a very pretty blue-leaning aqua, and Gorgeous is a sliiiigghhtly green-leaning aqua.

But I had an ulterior motive, which was to provide a base for a polish that must be 15 years old minimum, about which the Internet knows nothing (damn kids)

Behold!  Shattered Rocket Fuel:

Green and blue bar glitter everywhere!  I, I swear.  Honest?  This isn't even
lighting, it's just teal, honestly the camera adds drama here, I  don't
understand photography apparently, why does the camera add drama.

Yes, it... also looks pretty teal, doesn't it.  Hrm.

See this is actually a mix of beautiful blue and green bar glitter.*  In the bottle it looks like some kind of jewel.  But in person it looks.. well, aqua.  Especially from more than 6 inches away.  It's pretty, especially in indoor light, but compared to the bottle it is disappointing.

What the bottle looks like; what the polish looks like with a little distance. Here
the bottle looks less exciting than in person, and my nails look more exciting
and glowy.  It's the same damn polish, camera.  What do you want from me.

Ah, well.  Pretty is still a good thing.  I vaguely recall doing roommate E's nails with this over purple and liking the results, maybe after PWI I'll try that.

(PS: Also: It may seem as though our living room floor is covered in random objects.  In fact, they are cat toys.  I don't know what to tell you.)

* Bar glitter means "long thin glitter".  It tends to hang off the sides of your nails or stick straight up or otherwise be a pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment