Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Redux

Grad school. v__v

Yesterday was super bad. DF really gave me a hard time... I was going to say "earful," but it was mostly about how disappointed he is and how unhappy he is with where we are and how he really thought I could do better; it's not like he actually yelled at me.

What are you supposed to say to stuff like that? "You should have done this" is an engage-able statement, even if my response is "I know, I'm sorry." (Or, you know, "Here's why.")  But "I am disappointed" is inarguable, non-discussible.  I don't even know how to apologize to that. I don't know what to do, except mope around feeling like I should withdraw all my job applications and go make jewellery and sell it on Etsy except I'd probably suck at that too.

So... rough day.

(oh also I got my AAAI camera-ready in and it's good but whatever because of how much of a disappointment I am.)

Furthermore, Mr. Fix-It was supposed to fly in last night, but Delta decided he needed to spend another day in Austin and take another workday off for flying. *Deltaaaa* (shakes fist on top of hill, backlit against a darkening sky)

Rrrgh bitch bitch bitch.  But now I am going to stop.

Dr. P said she found blue lips, well, hard to reconcile.  But I've decided they're actually a pretty good color on me, and fairly flattering.  Know what makes me say so?  This:

OCC lip tar in Traffic.  Special FX hair dye has a shade
called "Yellow as F@#!" (I'm not censoring, that's the
name), which would be more appropriate I think.



Now that is goofy and hard to reconcile.  This stuff makes me feel like I could wear the blue to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment