Thursday, April 17, 2014

Yipes! Stripes! ...and some rough news.

So I was talking to Super Woman a few days ago, and at some point asked her, "Hey, what color should I paint my nails?"

To which she responded, enthusiastically, "Blue with black stripes!!"

Er.  Well... I do have striping tape, which is basically the world's thinnest masking tape.  (Well, it's mylar.)  I've tried to use it a handful of times, with no success.  But this time I had a Directive, by god.

This is my fourth and final attempt:

Blue!  With black stripes.
Bonus thumbs! ...look, it's hard taking pictures of your own hands.

And I think I got it working!

This is not the shade of blue I was planning to use.  What I've read about striping tape is that you need to pull it off when the polish is either really wet or really, really dry; I found that only "really wet" worked, possibly because I had so many layers of polish going on.  Basically I found that I needed something that could be opaque over black in a single not-too-thick layer, and what I found was Physicians Formula Trendsetter Chic #2.  Most of my other blues needed either multiple layers or white undies.*

This is layered over Sinful Colors Black on Black.  I refuse to do a PWI.  It's... it's black.  It looks black?  But it IS a one-coater.

So yeah!  I dunno if I nailed it exactly?  But I made stripes, by gum!

In other, lamer news, Interview #3 (nickname: Dream Job) has made an offer to someone else, which he is planning to take.  I haven't officially been told "no" yet – I have a phone call tomorrow – but right now, smart money's on "SIGH".  I have officially set aside time to sulk.



* Yes, this is a nail jargon term...

1 comment:

  1. I love the stripes! Nice job. -- Super Woman (no, REALLY??)

    ReplyDelete