Sunday, March 30, 2014

If you love me, dilly, dilly, I will love you (PWI: Rimmel London Sweet Lavender)

Since Mr. Fix-it made me realize I have no lavender nail polish (huh?), I obviously needed to buy nail polish.  Obviously!  Rimmel London makes these little $2 bottles – they're really small, actually, 8 mls instead of 18?  But I have literally never once used up a bottle of polish (except, like, base coat), so I really don't give a crap about the per-ounce price.

Rambling! Rimmel London Sweet Lavender:

Honestly it's more lavender in person. A little bluer, a little dustier, but
it's fine!  Because I've sorta reached détente with my phone on color.*
* Translation: it wins, while I secretly pine for a camera manufactured by Pantone.**
** Not that secretly.  Mr. F and I just talked for 20 minutes about what that would be.

I'm (semi)-unexpectedly home for a day plus a bit, so I'm screwing around... quite a lot actually.  Because (1) it relieves stress, and (2) my talk is done.  Done done.  No more practicing, no more fussing with it.  It's as good as I can make it at the moment, I've practiced giving it... it's done.  Which hasn't been true for the previous, what, two months?

I realized in the course of looking at this that I don't really have any pastel colors.  I mean maybe a couple accidental ones, but on the scale of my polish-buying, that's odd!  Also, I realized that lavender doesn't actually suit me.  The pic looks okay, but even Mr. Fix-It agreed that in person it looked off.

SO I am going to buy pastel colors and see what happens!

Meanwhile: the whole season-based color thing is a bit passé!  But, because pastels are usually associated with spring/summer coloring, I decided to try a thing.  I went and took every online test I could easily find about seasonal coloring...

Ok that's not quite true.  We should talk methodology.  Which kind of takes us to another post.

No comments:

Post a Comment