Thursday, March 20, 2014

PWI twofer: Wet'n'Wild Sophisticated Lady and Sally Hansen Ice Queen

I bought this at the same time as Wet'n'Wild Champagne Toast, from the same display and, apparently, in the same mood.  Behold!

Wet'n'Wild Sophisticated Lady:

pink nail polish is pink
I don't really get the name.  It's pink.  What's sophisticated about pink?  I mean it's too pale to be bubblegum pink, but?  ...whatever.  It's pretty, it's subtle, it's fine.  I feel like if I mixed this and Champagne Toast  I'd have a more opaque Nomad's Dream.  Nice to have around.

Then, because I make the same mistakes over and over, I layered on the partially-contrasting Sally Hansen Ice Queen:

Bugz!  Little teal bugs on my hand!  Ugh.
Big pink glitter, big teal glitter, teeny iridescent multicolored sparkles.

This does a good job of showing why I don't really like multicolored glitter.  Up close, it looks fine, but from any distance the teal glitter just looks like I got scunge on my hands and should wash them.  Also, getting the big hex glitters out was a giant pain; getting this many glits took three-ish coats and a mountain of dabbing.

So I'll either get rid of this or use it for the teeny sparkles.  Meh.

No comments:

Post a Comment