Tuesday, March 11, 2014

PWI: OPI Nomad's Dream (interview nails selection!)

Since I made such a fuss, I'll cop that I wondered all along if this would happen: I ended up using one of my possibly 5 oldest polishes for interviewing. This is pretty close to perfectly balanced between pink and gold, making it a good match for my super-noncommittal skin tone.*

OPI Nomad's Dream:

I don't have a conversational aside for this picture, possibly
because I am in New Jersey, slowly being drained of life

A little shiny, but on my short nails, basically unnoticeable, as desired.  It's also pretty sheer; this is three coats.  Two is even more unnoticeable.

Nomad's Dream was a special edition MANY years ago, but has been re-released in the last few years.  Since OPIs have been reformulated in the last ten years or so, it may be quite different – it looks different in the bottle.  I don't care enough to pick up a new bottle and find out, and the internet's fascination with nail polish post-dates the original.  Humankind may never know.


* Most makeup babbling starts with: "determine whether your skin's undertones are pink (cool), or yellow (warm)". This does not work for me, independent of being arbitrary and a bit odd.  OTOH, I pin down one end of the fair—dark spectrum pretty thoroughly.

No comments:

Post a Comment