Saturday, March 1, 2014

PWI: Urban Outfitters Spiked Punch

Captain Fix-It has had a nasty head cold all week (overlapping our time in Hawaii, ugh). I thought it was somewhat miraculous that I hadn't caught it from him... until I woke up this morning midafternoon with a sore throat and fever. Sigh.

Last night my polish-interested friend N came over with a bunch of Julep she'd gotten on sale. We swatched them all, then I foisted a bunch of swaps off on her, and she gave me a couple of colors that suited me better than they did her. It was a very pointless, girly, relaxing interlude. Then, shockingly, I painted my nails.

Meet Urban Outfitters Spiked punch:
 
Indirect overcast lighting, dimmed to zombie chic
This was basically impossible to photograph. In real life it's the deep, dark, true red of a well-aged Cabernet, leaning neither pink nor brown. My camera, however, insisted it was Bright Red. I darkened this picture until it was closer to color accurate, at the expense of making myself look like the undead.

It's a very pretty color, although if my nails were ANY longer it wouldn't work. (My very pale skin makes dark colors look garish and out of place in larger quantities.) It's a crelly, so this was four coats. It looks deep and interesting, but it was a mild pain. Dries fast though.

No comments:

Post a Comment