Monday, March 3, 2014

PWI twofer: Sally Hansen Celeb City and Sinful Colors Queen of Beauty

Sometimes it's worth posting base color + topper separately; often it's not. This is that second kind.

Base coat (which is nice on its own, I mean, I wore it), is Sally Hansen Celeb City:

X
Left is daylight, right is indoor, cuticles are covered in silver. Not easy to
photograph! It's no Push'n'Shove,* but it's a perfectly nice metallic.
Pretty color, nice and even in two coats. It's shiny but maayyybe the glitters are too coarse to call it a foil? Nah, foil. (I think I'm going to do a post on all these made-up domain specific words.)

Later, topped with Sinful Colors Queen of Beauty:

X
Do I need to say which is which? No, I do not. Because the
indoor photos are always the ones where I'm in last-stage jaundice.
My camera haaaates this. It took a while to get two even borderline decent photos, I mean, for heaven's sake. Go look at KittyPNB's swatches if you care, she has an actual camera. :-P

But basically, it looks like little disco balls. Just straight-up silver glitter. This is 4 [!] coats. I doubt it would be opaque without Celeb City undies, but it was pretty at every stage.
As a side note... who comes up with these names? Some of them are nicely descriptive (Champagne Toast), some are just eh (like, Celeb City, once I see the polish I can make some connection),  some of them are straight-up meaningless (Cassie, Hot Wired), and some of them are just weird and misleading (Pull Over is an orange-ish yellow). It's like paint samples, which are also named by people tripping so hard they can taste colors.
# of clicks it took me to find this: 2.
So now we know what color surreality, quintessent..i...ality? .. and elegance are.

No comments:

Post a Comment