Saturday, March 22, 2014

PWI: Island Girl Polynesian Heat

Mr. Fix-it took my request to heart (okay, I poked him), and suggested lavender nails.  Whereupon we discovered that however the hell many little bottles I have, I don't have a one of those.  Gah!  The closest I could come was this, which is more like a pale pink, although I tried layering it over purple, which sometimes works but didn't really here.

Island Girl Polynesian Heat:

Indoor lighting, because then I took it off.  Please
ignore the one weird finger, that's a failed experiment.

X
Left: indoor; right: flash.  (Oo!  Flash!  Whatever's next?)
Okay, first off I'll just get this off my chest:  "Polynesian heat"?  Doesn't that make you think of something in the red/orange/yellow family?  Or at least something saturated?  Something not, say, delicate, frosty pinkish-lavender?

Meh, whatever, it's a pretty color.  Which is a shame, because the formula is fail.  It's everything people hate about "frost" finishes: it shows every imperfection and every brushstroke, it's thin and runny and doesn't stay where you put it, it's not self-leveling.  It looks mostly okay from a little distance?  But it's not really worth the hassle.

I tried rescuing it by putting a topper on it I'm excited about; the two nail polishes played together poorly, with Polynesian Heat crinkling up and going all weird.

Hall-o-shame!  Shame, I say!  Burn the witch.

No comments:

Post a Comment