Friday, March 21, 2014

Interview nails dethroned!

So Rimmel London is a drugstore makeup brand, one that I think is relatively newly spreading into the US?  So that's a thing.  Um sorry but I can't do much of an intro because I am too excited to show you Rimmel London Caramel Cupcake:

It's nail polish!  Promise!!  Dinged my index before it was dry.
jaundice = indoor lighting.  Matte top coat.
When it's shown all close-up like this, you can at least tell my nails are painted, but in most light you really cannot.  I topped it with a matte top coat to minimize shine, and y'all, this stuff is me-colored.  Normally one doesn't need a nail polish that looks exactly like one's self, but at the moment I do, and I found it!!  It is this.  It matches me less or more depending on lighting, but I will swear you would never notice it.  (I showed a friend, and she grabbed my hand and stared at it super up close before giving me an "if you say so" shrug.)

In nail-polish-junkie-landia, this look (perfectly matching nail polish) is referred to as "mannequin hands", for those following along at home.  I'm almost tempted to paint some half-moons (the white round bit at the base of your nail) just to see what it would look like.

I am really disproportionately happy about this!

No comments:

Post a Comment