Friday, February 28, 2014

The Stash, plus, PWI: Wet-n-Wild Champagne Toast 1

Polish All the Nails just posted these amazing shots of her entire collection lined up. O.O If my casual x × y count is even close, this is roughly a thousand bottles, which makes me question my handwavey "about a thousand" bottles in my collection, like, a lot. I doubt I could cover a 7-foot table... or could I? People are notoriously terrible at estimating volume, coverage, etc... but I still think I only have a fraction of these.

Well, PWI should make it a lot clearer. (Yay, "science"!)

I was going to do a PWI on Wet-n-Wild Champagne Toast, as another possible interview polish, but I can't help feeling like we have to wait for daylight swatches. I think it's a product of my nighttime lighting and/or camera, but this very pretty polish makes me look like a boiled lobster.

Wet-n-Wild Champagne Toast at night:

Left: more cooking, right: marginally less cooking. To my eye this looks like a
lovely, suitable pale gold, but to the camera... not so good. Daylight shots tomorrow!
I can say... this is a lovely, but streaky, pale gold. It's pretty sheer; this is 3-4 (fairly fast) coats. I don't mind streaks, to be honest. In my opinion, without a macro lens or a nail obsession, nobody notices or cares.

But I'm looking forward to a daylight post. Current feeling is that this is pretty, but subtle-verging-on-unnoticeable... which is to say, an excellent interview polish.

More tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment