Tuesday, February 11, 2014

PWI: Essie Sparkle On Top

Like any good academic, I've decided "Project Wear-It" is too long and too comprehensible, so I'll probably go with PWI for a while. If it's hateful I'll go back!

J'avoue... when I said I might put glitter on Golden-I, I was thinking of a new acquisition, which is not a glitter but a flaky. I love flaky polishes, and my husband described one of the few I own as "looking science fiction-y". ^_^ So I'm generally on the prowl for not-too-expensive ones!

Over Golden-I, meet Essie Sparkle on Top:

It looks like crumpled tin foil. Or very, very, very badly applied gold polish. Sigh.

Unfortunately, it really didn't look great. From any distance it just looked uneven and lumpy. The iridescence didn't really show. So I did what any sensible blogger (or academic) would do, namely Googled for someone else's solution.

The swatches that appealed to me most were over pale colors, blue and pink primarily. Aha, sez I! I have a medium blue kicking around somewhere. So I tried it over the unnamed Physicians Formula blue, and magic happened:

Better!  Uh... I promise.

Okay, I freely admit that the pictures just don't look any better than the gold!  Flakies are super hard to take pictures of, y'all.  But in person I see lots of glinting greens and distracting sparks of red and orange. I'm much happier. Except for my photography...*

* Write on chalkboard 50 times: I do not need another hobby, I do not need another hobby, I do not need another hobby...

No comments:

Post a Comment